Each session is 90-minutes long with a 15-minute introduction, followed by five 15-minute talks forming a cohesive theme.
Steps to Develop a Session Proposal
· Define the purpose, focus and overarching message of the proposed session.
· Outline key session objectives and determine takeaways for attendees.
· Confirm five colleagues to present a diverse perspective on the session theme.
· Submit your session proposal using this online form.
· Submit the proposal by February 28, 2018.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
· Proposals will be evaluated for content, structure, and overall relevance to the overarching theme of the conference.
· Preference will be given to sessions that are integrative, cross-system, and/or promote the transfer of regional-based knowledge to a broad audience.
· Additional criteria include the session’s potential for generating useful results/dialogue among conference attendees, and the expected level of interest in the topic.
Session Organiser Responsibilities Include:
· Adhering to all published deadlines and fulfilling session organiser responsibilities.
· Serving as the primary contact for the session. We communicate with one official representative per session.
· Ensuring session presenters submit abstracts by the published deadline of May 01, 2018.
· Confirming a moderator. The Session Introduction is not a formal talk. They do not need to submit an abstract.
· Submitting an agenda grid to us by May 08, 2018. After the abstract submission deadline passes, we will email you a grid template to fill in the session title, name of moderator, and speaker names with talk titles.
· Making sure your presenters are registered and confirmed by August 26, 2018.
NOTE : SERA 2018 Organizers reserve the right not to accept proposed sessions if time/space is limiting, and to cancel sessions if deadlines are missed by the session organizers.